Monday, March 2, 2009

It is strange how living beings supposedly inferior to us teach us the most important lessons of life. The two pets - Boxi and Bruno - with whom I was attached have in their own ways been handling life much better and selflessly than us - "homo sapiens".

PETS BRING JOY TO THE SELFISH HUMANS

I was in Class 4 when my prized possession "Bruno" who was one month old came in our lives. We traveled with him from Ambala to Allahabad in the dingy train with this tiny cute puppy. And mapped the long journey from Allahabad to Faridkot in the tiny car.

Love and affection overflowed in our hearts at the mere look of our first (and the only till date) pet Bruno. With creamy fur that blended well with his white paws we zeroed in on his name after long discussion and arguments. My brother decided his name and Bruno made our life beautiful.

No matter what he will never forget to welcome every time we enter the house with his wagging tail. Bruno used not only bring joy to us but even to my friends (gang of so many gals) in Allahabad who used to stand to see his antics. Yes you read it right his antics - a trained and obedient pet - Bruno will jump high despite his short height to catch the ball, fetch the ball, bite on anything that he gets when he was in a good mood.

Though this lovely being was ferocious still my friends used to take the risk of sitting on top of a podium to enjoy the excitement on his face at the mere name of ball.

Boxi came in our lives when Bruno was almost 2-years old yet another tiny snow white. My masi came to our house in Allahabad with him and at once Bruno became his guru.

Boxi was also trained but was much more loving gentle and calm than our brown Bruno.

Bruno, a true fighter, will just not let any other stray or pet dog enter his territory and used to get out daringly to fight with any damn German Shepard (as the size doesn’t matter) and keep us on toes to run after them. Well he has bitten me several times as I used to keep pulling him beyond his patience levels.

He will just fight for anything and everything that he cannot tolerate and despite his small size both humans and pets were scared of him. The daring soul took his last breath in my brother “Suhail’s” arms and was walking though he was very weak till his life left him on April 28, 2001. As I talk of him every moment spent with him comes before me and I can feel him right next to me.

As I came to know that “Boxi” was no more this Sunday – March 1, 2009 – I had a flashback of the pain we went through when my pet left us.

Boxi used to bring thrill to my life. He was harmless and lovable and I used to just forget myself and play like a school going child with him. Every little gesture, his expressive eyes, innocent face, even the greediness for food of these beautiful creation of god – DOGS – brings smile on our faces.

When the so-called “superior race” of humans is compared with the speechless pets one realizes that human are far away from humanity. GOD BLESS THEIR SOULS!!!!

10 comments:

  1. Dog's are loyal to us human's-the most selfish creature evolved--BY GOD--BUT BRUNO WAS NOT A normal dog .His patience was tested and Swati got bitten a number of times by him.But Swati continued to love him like all of us.May his soul REST IN PEACE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about Boxi. God bless their souls. Everyone at Di's place must be feeling very low. I wish I could join them. Thanks for the words Swati, The way you expressed is really nice. waiting to read more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pets dont just remain animals.The day they enter our homes, they become our family members. Exactly what i feel for my pet dog, Max. A german shepherd who hastouched our lives in more ways than one. the thought of not having him around even for a single moment makes me see my worst fears come alive. Losing a pet would mean the end of one of the most beautiful part of my life.. I wish it never happns wid anyone.. and those who have to go through this painful experience like u and even ur cousin's family should know that they have been such wonderful ppl for those pets, giving them love and care, which many dogs on the street are deprived of..bless you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Iam really touched with this write up on Boxi.....i hope u get over this difficult phase...the write up clearly shows that pets play integral part in your life...god bless Boxy's soul....tk cr...Shalni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pets are more than we can bargain for. They are our silent partners thru ups and down of life. Losing one is akin to losing a best friend.

    Wish you a happy blog next time

    ReplyDelete
  6. its written like flow of a river
    smooth

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is really touchy and Boxy will live in our hearts forever. He will rule our hearts till we live, he was amazingly loving and expressive.God bless his loving soul... wishing happiness always

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Meghu....thanks for this brilliant write-up sis!!! You have expressed it marvellously!!
    Bruno and Boxy will always be alive in our memories...they have touched our lives...
    More importantly thanks for being there...I love you...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Swati post some more write ups. Waiting for them.
    Megha
    http://invokingthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete